Rust Never Sleeps: Shower Doors


Recently on an apartment maintenance project, the shower’s glass door was not sliding properly. After examining the door closely there seemed to be an obstruction that was interfering with the door’s smooth operation.

Solution: Reaching my hand up and running it along the top track area, I found rust deposits had built up on the rail track. Using a very fine grade of sand paper (150 to 250 grit) I lightly sanded the inside rail track and removed the rust debris, then I applied WD-40 to the track and it now glides, smooth as glass

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you


    handyman omaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this information and photos. I am in the middle of remodeling my master bathroom and I would love to install a standard bi-pass door on my shower. I think it is a beautiful look and it's just something different. Is it going to be a problem if my shower is larger than 60"? Do you know where I could find shower doors portland and shower doors portland oregon ? Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete